Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Note from the Creator

A note from the creator of this blog:

Many months ago I was eager for an outlet to recognize Missouri women for their achievements and struggles. One thing I know is the power of technology and it's access to be able to connect with others. Just how much it would powerfully connect me, I never realized until a dear good friend of mine, Paula Willmarth, brought to my attention a wonderful national movement to stand up against the war on women through Unite Women.

I jumped at the opportunity to be a part of the movement, and the results have allowed me new friendships across the state, the ability to connect women who are in support of each other, an opportunity to reach out to elected officials, the chance to become more educated on women's rights, and the desire to continue moving forward!

So from here on out, this blog is dedicated to Unite Women Missouri. All Missouri men and women are encouraged to send submissions to be posted here to the email wowmissouri@gmail.com 

Please join us in this grassroots movement by visiting UniteWomen.org and entering in our Facebook.

(Please keep in mind older posts were ones written by me individually and are not connected with Unite Women.)

Thank you,
Courtney Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment